Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

White Sox – aarrrgggghhhhh!!!!

I don’t know what to say.  I haven’t watched them much this week, been busy, but I’m thinking that it might be a good thing.  I want to say, it’s only April, but I also know these games do matter.  We have time to make them up but wouldn’t it be better to win them now and not have to go to game 163 like our division has quite a few times in recent years.  I want to say that Kansas City and Cleveland won’t keep it up, but who’s to say they won’t.  Minnesota’s line-up never looks impressive every year but they are always there at the end, so who’s to say the Royals or Indians aren’t for real.  Do I think so?  No, not really.  But I know we are digging a hole that I would rather not have to dig out of.  Isn’t it always better to be standing at the top of the hole, not in it.

The bullpen seemed better in the Anaheim series.  Which seems good, hopefully that’ll get fixed.  Our offense has seemed to gone back to leaving men on bases which was a huge disappointment last year.  But on the bright side, the last time the Angels swept us at home, was 2005.  And we all know what happened that year.

Our defense has been surprisingly bad.  Pierre has only 35 in his career and already 2 in 13 games this year.  Not worried about him though, they were just really bad timing on those 2.  But just a bunch of errors that we don’t normally see.  I thought we had pretty good defense.

I’ll leave it to the usual, it’s still early, but they can start playing like the White Sox I know they are, any time now.  Because if this is “All In”, then I’d like to be sitting at the table with them for the next hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.