Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Trade with BA Benny

Another trade post, are you excited as I am? I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again, trading online is great. This trade was from Mike at “BA Benny’s Baseball Card Buffet.” I’ve been told he was a great trader and I definitely agree. I sent him a couple of flag jerseys and a bunch of base cards and a few inserts from the teams he collects. And what I got in return was just awesome.

trade-babenny004

First off, I loved getting these 1983 Topps and 11 of them to start with. I’m finding with the trading, that I love getting cards I used to have back in the day. I originally started in 1981 and collected heavily as a kid so I had all those through 1991 or so. I especially love 1985 and before so to get all these cards were great.

trade-babenny005

trade-babenny003

Ventura gold, a couple of Goudey, an Early Wynn, Peavy mini are all great cards. But then he sends Magglio Ordonez, Chris Sale and Sergio Santos rookies on top of that. And the Santos is a chrome! I really like the AJ and Quentin cards too.

trade-babenny002

4 more great Konerko’s to add to my collection. I really like the Chrome and the Flair Showcase.

trade-babenny001

 

 

 

Jon Garland – 2007 Topps Turkey Red game-used jeresey

 

 

 

Jermaine Dye – 2008 Topps Heritage Clubhouse Collection game-used jersey

 

 

 

 

 

Jermaine Dye – 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes #’d 119/249

 

 

 

And you can never complain about getting jersey or serial numbered cards. But even after all these great cards. He sent me these for my Colts collection,

trade-babenny006

10 different cards of arguably the best QB out there, maybe even ever. All just awesome cards.

trade-babenny007

Some of these may not seem like nobody’s to a non-Colts fan but these guys are all stars in my book. (2) Bob Sanders, (3) Marvin Harrison’s (7) Dallas Clark’s (6) Reggie Wayne’s (2) Austin Collie’s (7) Joseph Addai’s (4) Anthony Gonzalez’s along with a few other’s including a Dwight Freeney.

I can’t possibly complain about a trade like this. I feel like I short-changed him. Thank’s Mike, for the truly awesome trade. If you haven’t yet, I’d advise you to trade with him, check him out at “BA Benny’s Baseball Card Buffet.”

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff. I'm pretty new to the card blog world too but have had a lot of fun making tons of trades. Maybe we can work out some deals. (dw.reds@gmail.com)

    I'm a lifelong Reds fan and became a Tigers fan, too, in my teens. Moved to Chicago 13 years ago and ended up at dozens of Sox games over the years (so I collect Frank and, more casually, Magglio and Buehrle). I also collect a lot of Cubs thanks to my grandpa, a fan since the early 40s. He's a true fan, not like most of the weirdos who go to Wrigley.

    In any case, take a look at my blog, if you would. I'd love to be your go-to guy for Reds and/or Tigers. Also, since we're both hoarding Frank Thomas and Seaver cards, maybe we can ultimately trade dupes.

    Thanks again!

    - d

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely be my Reds and Tigers guy, although I think someone already took my Votto's. And we can swap dupes of Thomas and Seaver, even Buehrle and Mags dupes as well (if I have any of those 2).

    I added your blog to my bookmarks and will add it to my blogroll when I can.

    Most of my family are the "good" Cubs fans as well so I know how they are. Where they can realistically talk about the Cubs and baseball. My grandparents lived in Glen Ellyn for quite awhile when I was growing up so I actually went to Wrigley and Cominsky quite a bit as a teen.

    I'm pulling together some cards this weekend for some other people and I'll pull what I can for you as well. Drop me an e-mail with your address and I'll reply back with mine. jccsst1022 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.