Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, September 10, 2018

Weekend Catch Up

As I said in my last post, I went camping over the weekend so I have a bunch of cards again but this time, it's because I wasn't around to post. So all of these came in on Friday, Saturday or today.

We'll start off with the newly started Baseball Collection, or in other words, any cards that don't belong in any of my other collections.


Along with the max bid of $.10/shipped that I bid on the other cards, I put a max bid of $1 on jerseys/autos and I came home with this card for $.74/shipped.



I picked up these 3 for the 1981 Topps set of the Vintage Collection. I ran across these looking for penny cards to bid on. I picked up the Reuschel for $.16/shipped, the Lyle for $.23/shipped and the May/Sutton for $.22/shipped. These 3 cards put the 1981 Topps set at 77% completed.


I also managed to pick up 2 more cards for the 1964 Topps set. I grabbed both of these for a quarter/shipped a piece. This only gives me 21 cards for that set though.


These 2 additions to the White Sox Collection came to me for $.23/shipped and $3/shipped. I assume you can figure out which price goes with which card. I think that might be my first 2018 Allen & Ginter of a Sox player. The Carlos Sanchez is my first of Yolmer, which is what he goes by these days.


I also picked up this Ryan Zimmerman for that player collection for $.16/shipped. It is my 95th card of Ryan, it's my 4th from 2018.



I haven't picked up any cards of Funchess in awhile so it was odd to pick up 2 at once. Although I picked up one on a mistake. I bid on so many cards that a lot of time I just glance at the card and if it doesn't look familiar, I bid. Well in doing that, I glanced at the top card and saw the black triangle in the corner and thought it was a piece of jersey and put $3 on it. Luckily, I won it for only $.99/shipped and while that is above my usual bid price, it's still mine. I picked up the relic card of his for $2.50/shipped. These 2 cards make 27 in that player collection

That catches me up for this past weekend and now I have to go back to work again tomorrow. Real life is calling.

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing the bargains you find... especially with free shipping. If you ever complete the 1964 set while paying 25¢ for each card, you'll be my idol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing the deals that can be found out there. I can only assume some of the sellers are almost disappointed they sold after they pay for postage.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.