Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Weekend catch-up

This is a catch up post because I've gotten cards the last few days but hadn't posted them. I have various collections represented today.


We'll start with a couple of Bowman Heritage cards I picked up for a dime/shipped a piece. These go to the new Baseball collection which is anything that's not in my other collections.


I found this searching dime cards but it goes to the Vintage Collection. I picked it up for $.13/shipped. I'm always happy to grab 1981 Topps because I'm over 75% complete.


Now for the player collection portion. I picked up this Gary Carter from this years Archives set. I nabbed it for $.23/shipped. I've been bidding on a bunch of these Archives cards for my player collections but have only won a couple. This is my 116th card of Gary Carter.


I picked this 2018 up for $.25/shipped. It's my 96th card of Zimmy, slowly closing in on that century mark.


It's not a player collection but I grabbed it with the Zimmerman card. This White Sox collection card of the currently injured Abreu came to me for $.23/shipped. I only need 4 more players for that team set, but apparently they all have different versions so I need 7 more cards.


I picked up both of these Maurice Hurst's for the player collection as well as the Michigan collection. His cards are starting to come down, I've been bidding on his for awhile and just starting winning some. I've managed to get 4 of Mo so far. Both of these were $.34/each/shipped.


As you can tell, Denard's cards have come down as well. I picked up the triple relic card for only $2/shipped and the autograph for $3/shipped. Both great prices if you ask me. These 2 cards give me 41 cards of Shoelace.


Last but not least, I picked up this relic/auto card of Caris LeVert for only $3/shipped. This is my 7th card of LeVert and sadly, none of them are in his Wolverines uniform.

4 comments:

  1. With the potential that Caris showed last season, I'm kind of surprised to hear that an auto of his could be had for such a low price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the 2nd auto of his I've gotten this year for $3. The other was numbered to /10 so people must not have picked up on his potential, yet.

      Delete
  2. I like Gary Carter, but I swear that card looked like a Baseball Card Digest cutout thing rather than a legit Topps Archives release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought it looked kind of cheesy or fake to, I like your description of the Baseball Card Digest cutout, that is what it looks like.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.