Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Minor Leaguer and Hall of Famer

I got another 2 cards in the mail today from the same seller. One isn't a White Sox card too which most have my cards have been lately.


I picked up this Palka for $.30/shipped. It's only my 2nd card of his and my 1st from the update set. He was a HR machine for awhile last year but has since been bumped back to the minors.


I also picked up this Steve Carlton card. It's always nice to get a Cardinals card of him since there are fewer than most. It is my 6th one of him in a Cardinals uniform but 4 of those are after his playing days and the 2 originals are leaders cards. I picked this up for $.25/shipped.

2 comments:

  1. Always thought the 2005 Donruss Champions base cards were a little weird, because of the wasted space. But I've gotta admit... that's a great photograph of Lefty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In principle, I hate the wasted space in that set. In reality, I think the cards I have seen from the set look great even with the wasted space.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.