Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 15, 2019

Future Cy Young with Hart

If you read my last post, you know I had trouble making a payment on Ebay. Well I finally got that payment to go through and now another card is doing it. I've spent half an hour on the phone with Ebay for them to say it's Paypal's issue. I've chatted with Paypal and they say it's Ebay's issue. So for now my plan is to quit using Ebay when my bids are done. I tweeted this out yesterday.


Ebay responded with a question that I've already answered for them 3 times. I've told them before that their site isn't connecting with Paypal correctly because it doesn't give me any other options other than using my bank account. I have a credit card attached and I had my wife send me enough money to pay it so I have a balance as well but none of them show up. Just my bank account. Seems pretty simple to me that it is something between the sites but I'm just a customer, I don't know anything.

I just responded with I responded to this earlier in the week, check your DM's. Today I tweeted this.


I don't use the other card sites to purchase cards, it was nice buying a card at a time at cheap prices because then the wife is unaware of how much I'm actually spending but I'm just going to have to go to other sites. There are plenty of them and Ebay is definitely not the best game in town. I was also posting a card or 2 a day when I got them, it forced me to post more regularly. I had a nice thing going but I guess it's time for a change.

But alas, I'm posting today because I did finally get some cards after nothing for the last week. Including a player collection that I rarely add to anymore.


I won this guy who just got some votes for Cy Young this year. Nowhere close to winning but hey, it's a start for the young man. This is my 24th card of Lucas, I picked it up for $.54/shipped. It's also my first card from this years Update set.


It's always nice to pick up my all-time favorite player from Michigan. He was a stud RB back in his college days. This is my 42nd card of Mike and only the 2nd I've picked up this year, which is about up already. I only paid $.32/shipped as well, so there's that. It's also fitting that I get a card of his the day before we play Michigan State since he was the one that coined the phrase "little brother" when referring to them.

2 comments:

  1. Dang. Sorry your relationship with eBay had to end on such a bad note.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of a lot of problems that people have had with eBay over the years, but I've never heard of this one. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix, but as someone has had to talk with eBay's support staff on more than few occasions, I know that easy solutions aren't their forte.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.