Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

3 Michigan Men

I got a couple more envelopes today with 4 cards, although 1 of them doesn't fit into any other of my collections. I purchased 1 in a lot of 2 but I only needed the 1. All 3 of the remaining cards are all football and all former Wolverines but only 1 actually goes in the Michigan Collection.


It's fitting that I get a Taylor Lewan card considering he's been hanging over my desk at work all this month, on my Michigan calendar. I've been telling everyone a story I have with him. They used to do a fan appreciation day on a Saturday before the season and you could get autographs. The players would sit behind the concession stands and you can walk up and get autos. My daughter and I were next in line for his autograph when he told the person in front of me "just a second" and he got up and came out and hugged someone behind us. That's not the story I tell though. I'm 6'3" and 280 lbs. and when he walked past me he was enormous. He towered over me. I've since looked at his height (6'7" and 309 lbs.) but before then, I never expected some of those players to be that huge. Anyways, this is the card I picked up in a 2 card lot with another Tennessee Titan player. I only paid $.19/shipped for them and it's my 19th card of his.


I picked this card up of Shoelace from the same seller as above. It's my 48th card of Denard and I grabbed it for $.24/shipped.


I also picked up my 3rd David Long card. I always have to be careful bidding on his cards because there is another player with the same name that came out of college and went to the pros in the same draft. It makes it easier when he's pictured in the maize and blue. I got this autograph for $2.41/shipped.

2 comments:

  1. They need to bring back that fan day for kids. Also, that Long is sweet and I need to get myself one!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.