Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Back from AA

I went to the Big House in Ann Arbor today but I'm not going to talk about that mess. I don't want to relive that embarrassment. I did come home to one more envelope from an Ebay seller, I have one more to go but it's overdue so we'll see what happens there. I just got a refund from another one that never shipped. This current guy has some feedback that says he's slow to ship so that's what I'm hoping.

I got 2 cards from this seller.


Another Big Hurt in the collection, this is my 431st card of his and I grabbed this one for $.25/shipped. Frank is my 3rd highest amount of card per players but he's not a player collection like my top 2. At the rate I pick his up, I wouldn't  be surprised if he passes the top 2 sometime next year.


I also picked up another Michael Kopech card. His amount of cards keep moving on up, it's now at 27 cards. I picked this up for $.36/shipped. Have to get them all before he comes back from his Tommy John and people outside of Chicago figure out who he is. At least, who I'm hoping he will be.

I ordered my first stuff off Sportslots. So far, I've been finding sellers who offer free shipping to the Sportslots Box and go through each of my player collections and select the cheapest and oldest card I don't have. I select 3 for each collection until I have a total around $5 and then pay and have it shipped to the box. I'll stick with $5 a week for now and I haven't decided when I'm going to ship them to myself. I haven't found a way to save any sellers yet so I might just have to make a bookmark of each sellers page. I also haven't figured out if there is a way to search by cards by team because when I put a team name in the search bar, all I get are the actual team cards and not individual cards from each team.

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware of the Frank Thomas card. Wish I was there to see my Buckeyes come away with the win.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have enjoyed it, you were definitely the better team.

      Welcome to the blogging world, I added you to my reading list as well as the blogroll over to the right. Just don't post any Ohio cards, nobody wants to see those. I seen enough of the Scarlet and Gray today, I'm good for a year.

      Delete
  2. I found a ton of Kopech rookie cards in the two collections I picked up from my buddy, so I'm hoping he has a great career too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.