Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

New PC Month Continues

 We seem to be on a roll with new PC posts so the great random in the sky decided to give you another. Only this time, it won't be of the White Sox variety.


Jeff Criswell pitched for the Wolverines up until this past year when he was drafted, he is in the minors with Oakland. According to TCDB, he only has 54 cards and it looks like the majority of those are from his stint with the USA team so it looks like his PC will start with those. The top 2 look like dupes, front and back, I purchased them both, one was listed as a retail version but they look exactly the same to me. They have them listed separately on TCDB as well so who knows. I paid $.18 for both of those and $.35 for the Longevity parallel.


Jake Cronenworth came out of the U of M in 2015 and has been working his way through the minors. He's now with the Padres and just won the Rookie of the Month for the NL last month so I'm guessing he'll start to get more cards produced other than the 37 that TCDB have him listed with. I paid $.30 for the black refractor and $.18 for the other 2.


Now on to the football start up collections. This is my first card of the former Wolverines safety. He gets decent playing time with Jacksonville as far as I can tell. I paid a little more than usual on this card. A penny more, it was $.19. He only has 14 cards on TCDB so I guess I'm lucky to find at least one.


I grabbed these photos from TCDB because apparently I forgot to scan them. My guess is I scanned them but they got deleted between transferring them from my phone to my laptop. Either way, these 3 cards are the first of his collection. It lists 137 cards on TCDB but it's basically 3 sets with a crap ton of parallels. I paid $.18 for the Donruss look a like, a quarter for the Score and $.50 for the Crown Royal, really like the die cut on those. His cards are all 2020's so maybe he'll get some more produced in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! Love the McKeons, and I need some Criswells myself. Those Cronenworth prices look hilarious now--hell, I have a Refractor dupe I might actually sell since they're going for crazy money right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30¢ for the black refractor is a sweet purchase. It's been fun watching him produce for the Padres.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.