Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, September 20, 2020

2020 Topps Sox Needs

 Wow! Didn't realize I hadn't posted in 5 days. See what happens when you go back to work. Stupid responsibilities.

Today's random came back with some more 2020 Sox. I seem to be on a team collection kick right now, I was on Sportlots last night and started purchasing 2019 Sox needs. I guess I'll just work down the years every week or two. I also made some purchases on baseballcardstore.ca, trying to complete another set for the Vintage collection. I also threw some 80's Sox needs on that order.

Today's post will be the Topps portion.



All those 2020 Topps are from Series II as I hadn't purchased any. I'm only the Luis Robert short (big surprise), minus all the short prints that is (all 8 of them). The short prints are ridiculous, there are 4 different ones just of Robert. I paid $.18 for each of the above.


In a familiar story, all of these Big League cards would complete the team set, except I need the Luis Robert. I also ran across the Orange version of Grandal for a quarter so I grabbed it. I paid $.18 each for the rest.


I picked up a couple of the Chrome versions as well. Being as Chrome is popular, these are the only 2 I have so a long way from that team collection. It does amaze me that I can pick up the Abreu on the cheap considering he is having a MVP season but he reminds me a lot like Konerko was to us. Very under rated for many years. I don't remember Konerko having a season like Abreu is now but still, same concept. He flies under the radar and they keep pitching to him. It works for us. I paid $.18 each for both of those.

I also paid $.18 for this Yasmani Grandal. I actually grabbed 6 from the Finest team set but the rest were in player collections so you'll see them later, and probably already saw a couple. I'm still 3 short of this team set. I'm sure you know who one of those are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.