Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, September 4, 2020

2019 Sox needs

I'm back and with some new cards. I mentioned that I received a box from Sportlots and that I was off of work so I'd be able to work on it, what I didn't think about was that my son uses my card room desk to do his online schooling so I can't use my room during the day. He came out to do his lunch break and I snuck in there and grabbed the cards and my laptop and went downstairs to my old desk so I could get them all logged and then when he was done with school, I went back in there and scanned them and put them away in my books. So eventually I got it completed.

This month you'll see a lot of White Sox cards because for a couple of weeks, I went through TCDB and searched for Sox needs in each 2020 set and then 2019. I haven't gotten through all of 2019 yet but I did receive some of them and that's today's post.


The Abreu above is sadly the first card of the Bowman Chrome team set that I got because the Sox are hot and their prices are going up so that was the only one I grabbed cheap at $.18. The Thompson however, only leaves me needing 1 more of the Chrome Draft Picks. I picked it up for $.35


These 2 of the Bowman's Best brand also leave me with 1 more for that team set, I actually picked up 3 of the 4 but the 3rd is part of a player collection so you'll see that one at a later date. I picked up all 3 at a quarter each.


Speaking of Bowman, I also picked up this Bowman Heritage and once again, it leaves me with 1 more card for that team set. I picked this up for $.35 as well.


Next up, I hit the A&G lists. The top 3 cards put that team set at, you guessed it, 1 more card needed. I also bought 2 others for that set but they are player collections so you'll see them later. I did only pay $.18 each for all of them.

The bottom 3 are from the X set, to be honest, I assumed it was a parallel set but apparently not. I picked up 4 of those, but the 3 up there I grabbed at $.35 each and they leave me needing 3 more for that team set but 2 of those are short prints.


Last but not least, I picked up this Thomas Stadium Club card which leaves me needing 1 more card for the team set. Minus 2 variant short prints that is. I picked up this card for $.18. And just because I have so many for a non-player collection, this is my 532nd card of the Big Hurt.

That's all I had for this month's 2019 Sox cards. I know I'll have more next month because some of the cards I purchased just didn't make it to my Sportlots box by the time I had it shipped. It looks like I didn't complete any of the sets up there but technically I did, they just aren't all here yet.

1 comment:

  1. Stadium Club comes through again. That Frank Thomas is a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.