Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Wax Pack Freebies

I made it back from camping earlier today so I figured I'd shoot out a post. I normally take Monday off and stay another day but tomorrow is my postop and I'll go back to work on Tuesday.

A guy with an awesome name, Jeff, over at Wax Pack Wonders had a quiz that I bombed at, I only got 1 but I was one of the first few to comment and that's all I needed to do to get some cards. You picked 3 names from 3 different groups and he sent you cards. I want to say he sent 9 cards but I don't remember exactly how many. They were in a 9 pocket page so that's why I was thinking it was 9. These are the ones I needed.

Group 1 was HOF'ers

I picked Fisk as he's one of my PC's. He actually sent me 3 of his cards that I needed but I set the stack of cards on my scanner to scan them and apparently the cat decided to eat one. That's the first time she's ever eaten one so I guess I'll have to be more careful. These 2 give me 182 cards of Pudge. I just watched Tom Seaver's 300th win and Fisk was in the game so I got to see some action recently of him.

Next group was past stars. I had the choice of Mags or Ventura (Sosa was in there too but I figured I'd probably end up with Cubs cards and I try to forget that he played for the Sox). I chose Mags because I have a bunch of Ventura so I figured I'd have a better shot of getting needed cards that way but I guess I should have checked my numbers because I actually had more Mags than Ventura but it worked out because I still needed the above 2. They give me 150 of the former Sox slugger.

The last group was current or recent stars and I selected Jose Abreu who had been absolutely on fire right now. A possible shot at the MVP for this shortened season. One of many hot players on this team lately. This Abreu gives me 118 of his cards.

Thanks for the free cards Jeff, they were much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Look at Donruss getting fancy with the speckled borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got 10 cards in mine, but I'm not sure. I went with Seaver, Olerud, and deGrom. He did a good job of avoiding many dupes for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way Jeff has constructed his giveaways, it's probably the most unique way of doing it out there.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.