Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

1984, but not the book

Atlanta is up 6 and are trying to go up 2-0. The Rays play later but they are already up 2-0. As far as these final 4 teams, I'll take anyone other than Houston. Although it would be funny for Houston and LA to match up and LA spank the crap out of them. You know, some revenge. Needless to say, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay in the American League. The National League, I'll take either team but I'm rooting for Atlanta because my cousin is a Braves fan and we text about baseball all the time. Plus, he's sent me a ton of Sox cards. We were hoping for a Sox/Braves World Series but that plan was foiled after 3 games.

Today's post is another Vintage post but it has a few more cards than the previous one. These are also from Jeff and even though you'll see 46 cards today, it's still a small portion of what he sent.


We'll start with a few Donruss. I noticed Jeff sent a lot of Cubs cards, as much as I don't want to take them, I guess I have to. The Ron Darling is the no number variation. These 5 give me 116 for the Donruss set.


Jeff sent a few more Fleer than the Topps or Dontuss. You see lots of Cubs again, a Ryne Sandberg among them as well as a Rod Carew card. The bottom right which got cut off is a checklist and there is also a checklist under the Dave Henderson. These 34 boosted the Fleer set up to 91 cards.

To finish off with the Topps, you get a Reggie Jackson and a Dale Murphy. I quizzed my cousin on the Murphy card, told him to tell me who else was on the card. He failed, some Braves fan he is. (I didn't have the card in front of me when I asked and I couldn't remember either so I guess I can't complain.) These 14 cards give me 338 cards for that set which is still under half, but I'm inching closer to it.

2 comments:

  1. No, we're just living the book.

    Nice '84s! That was a nice year for my Tigers ;-)
    I've always liked the look of that year's Donruss for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the Rays can hold this lead. Was sweating the Braves game. I sure hope the Dodgers don't build off of that momentum.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.