Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

More 80's "Vintage"

Dodgers took game 1. If I had to pick a team I'd want to win, it would probably be the Rays. Just because they are in the AL East and it would rub the Red Sox and Yankees wrong. But either way, I don't mind who wins. I work with a Dodger's fan so if they won, I'd be okay with that. 

Here we go with another 80's vintage post. Good thing Jeff sent a lot.

A couple of pretty good pitcher's in that top row. I didn't mind the 1982 Donruss set but some reason, I don't like this one with the gloves. It's pretty much the same but the glove just doesn't sit right with me. Not sure why. Jeff sent me these 10 cards to give me 56 cards for the set.


I think I might have bought this full set at a card show back in the day. I vaguely remember doing so but I have no idea if it's true or not. I was never into set collecting so I'm sure I got a good deal and I probably broke it up. As you can see above, Jeff dropped a pretty good number on my current attempt at it. These 37 cards put that set at 113 cards.

Jeff hit all 3 major sets with these 47 from the Topps set. Seeing all these Topps cards from the 80's is bringing back so many memories. I don't think I liked this set when it first came out but it grew on me. I was a fan of the 1982 set and this was vastly different. I wasn't so sure about the headshots but like I said, it grew on me. Enough so that when they did it again in 1984, I liked it. I also remember that Willie McGee rookie being a hot commodity. These boosted the set to 185 cards.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Fergie and Sutter do make up for the mediocre design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a soft spot for 83-85 fleer. Donruss was good then too, but the 83 set falls just a little short for me.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.