Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, October 12, 2020

Vintage Herr and Willie

Wow! It's been exactly a week since my last post. That's awhile for me, I'm a pretty regular poster but we went to 10 hour days plus Saturday this past week so it took me until Sunday to get everything scanned. When they up to 10 hours, I don't get home until 4:30 so by the time I get done with a shower, we're eating supper and then I tend to chill in the evenings with my wife. I usually take the time on work days between showering and supper to work on cards but the longer hours takes that time away.

I'm no longer going to stick to a month to get the posts done. I have a list of everything scanned and I will random that list and you get what comes up. If I receive more stuff (usually around the end of the month), they'll get added to whatever I still have left to post.

Anyways, I have a lot of cards to show off. A huge package from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes, some box break cards plus some extras from Chris at Nachos Grande, a PWE from Daniel at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop as well as 2 packages from baseballcardstore.ca and 1 from Sportlots. So like I said, lots of cards.

Let's get to it. Today's random is from the Vintage Collection.

Only 2 cards today but Jeff sent me a ton for the Vintage Collections so you'll see a lot more in upcoming weeks. These 2 cards put the 1980 Topps set at 313 cards which is just over 43% complete. These aren't just ordinary cards either, financially maybe, but in the early 80's these were pretty good cards to have. Willie Randolph was a stud for the Yankees and a Tom Herr rookie card? Yes, please! I would have been extremely excited to get both of these cards in the 80s. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't like 1980 cards being referred to as vintage. Humph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading about 10 hour workdays & Saturdays makes me tired. Hope you were able to recharge your batteries. Cool Herr. Definitely remember him on all of those Cardinals World Series teams of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.