Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, October 23, 2020

Private Box Break

Hello all! No post yesterday as my wife and I went out for supper since it was our 10th anniversary. We don't generally go inside and eat, not because of Covid, but because we generally don't like being around people. They usually annoy us. We had a good meal and survived among the people. Nothing special, just spent some good quality time together.

As promised, we finally get away from the Vintage for today's post, although I probably hold most of your interest with the Vintage than I do my team collections. Oh well!


I joined a box break over at Nachos Grande for some 2000 Pacific Private Stock. I generally look at the checklist with what I have, to see where I'm at for the team collection and that determines whether or not I buy in. The box break provided me with half of the team set with the above 3. I was hoping to get the Konerko as it is a player collection but that didn't work out.


Honestly, I don't even remember that name. I got this insert as well. I already have the Frank Thomas mini so I only need 1 more to finish the team set of the (PS-2000 Action) insert set. 

When I weight out on whether or not to buy in, I never count on these kinds of hits just because I never get them. I did win this from that break though. It's another mini but as you can tell, it's numbered to /299. It's the only White Sox in the PS-2000 Stars insert set.

I like Chris' box breaks because he allows stacking which is he'll hold your cards until you're ready to ship so you can join multiple box breaks and not have to pay a bunch of shipping cost.

2 comments:

  1. I've been really enjoying his selection of boxes lately. Although I don't really buy into breaks anymore, it is fun to watch and see what he pulls.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.