Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Cards from my 1st year collecting

Looks like we are getting a Rays/Dodgers World Series. I was hoping for the Braves in there but I was also hoping for the White Sox and we know how well that worked out.

I randomned for today's post and came up with 1986. Except that I just posted that. Apparently I forgot to take it off the list after the last post. I randomned again and we get this year.


I picked up these 2 from the baseballcardstore.ca, they didn't have much that I needed but I guess that worked out since I also got these.


Jeff hooked me up with 17 more from the 1981 Topps set. If you remember, before I started the Vintage collection, I started with trying to get the 1973 and 1981 Topps sets so I'm a little further in on this one. These 19 cards put that set at 584 cards which is just over 80% completed. I'm not sure why I don't make a push to finish it, it's not an expensive set. Just lazy I guess.

Jeff also sent me these 12 cards from the Donruss set. As much as I remember the Topps set, this set was right behind it on the memory scale. The Fleer not so much, just didn't see as many of them growing up. I've seen the Topps a lot over the years but not the Donruss so I really enjoy getting these and remembering all the cards. You can also tell these came from Jeff because of all the the Cubs cards. I still think he's a closet Cubs fan. He does like a lot of Chicago teams.

I promise that I have PC and White Sox cards as well. At the rate the great random in the sky is going, I'll get through all the vintage first.

3 comments:

  1. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Whomever dumped that bag of cards at the Goodwill was a Cubs fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1981 Topps and Donruss were the first baseball card packs I remember opening as a kid. And that 81D Hrabosky was a hot commodity in my neighborhood. We all thought it was a rare error card, because the rest of the Braves had a light blue border, but Al received a purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's probably my first year collecting too. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.