Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, October 2, 2020

Timmy's on fire

 Well, Congrats to the A's as they knocked us out yesterday. I was to depressed after the game to post. I feel like our manager gave that one away. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of struggles to go around, but pulling your starter after 15 pitches set the tone. Even if he gave up a run or 2, we have a good offense. I just hope he didn't screw the kids confidence going into next year. It was a good, clean game from Oakland which I always like to see. I might even have to root for them now that we are out. Not that I'll watch any of the games. Congrats Fuji! We'll get you next year.

One of the guys in the series that never took his foot off the gas is todays cards. He became the first player in Major League history to start his playoff career with 9 hits in 3 games. 4 other players had 8. I think he might have proved that last year was not a fluke.

Lots of shinyness going on up there. I will always love the 1983 jerseys. 2 cards up there have them, possible a 3rd but they seemed to take off the color, not sure what's up with that. Timmy has had another great season for us and I'm definitely looking forward to more of that from him. These 9 cards give me 59 of the former batting champion.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that top middle card is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I commented before... your Sox are young, super talented, and will be a force in the future. Had they taken down the A's, I would have been rooting for them for sure. As for Anderson, that guy is so fun to track. Sure glad I picked up his autographs when they were cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.