Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, February 3, 2017

Topps made coins?

Apparently I'm doing book end posts this week. One on Monday, one on Friday. Although there is still a chance for another post tomorrow. Technically, I didn't get cards in the mail though, I got coins, and they're Topps. I've seen coins before but I don't think I knew that Topps put them out. Oh well, you learn something new every day. Of course, with this new information, who knows what I forgot to give it room. Both of these coins came from the same seller.


Both of these are from the 1990 Topps Coins set. They both go to the White Sox Collection. It's a little tough to read but the one on the left is Ivan Calderon and the right is Carlos Martinez. I got both of these for $.06/shipped each. Not a bad pick up for $.12.

2 comments:

  1. i remember those coins...i also remember losing them. thought they would be cool to collect, but ended up just keeping my favorites...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice additions to your Sox collection. I've always wondered what the heck some eBay vendors are thinking when they sell stuff and take a loss. Your 12¢ only covered a fraction of the shipping. Factor in shipping materials, the coin themselves, and eBay/PayPal fees... and the guy/gal is deep in the red.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.