Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, November 30, 2012

Surprise package

Julie from “Funner Here” apparently needed to get rid of some Chicago White Sox cards because a surprise package made it’s way in to my mailbox a couple of weeks ago.

trade-julie01

All of these were new to the White Sox CollectionJerry Owens was supposed to be a 5 tool prospect but when he got here, he never lived up to the potential.  He wasn’t bad, just not as good as advertised.  You should know the rest of the players.  The Paul Konerko was a duplicate from my player collection so it went to this collection.  And a couple of 2012 which are always good for me.

trade-julie03

A Rockin’ Robin Ventura from 1991.  Not sure what the Rookies set is but it looks to be the same as the glossy Commemorative All-Star sets that Topps used to put out in the 80’s.  I like the 2003 Opening Day Magglio Ordonez because they remind me of 1983 Topps.  I suppose they probably did that for a 20 year anniversary of that set.

trade-julie02

She did manage to hit my Paul Konerko collection as well with this shiny card above.  I like the last few years of Bowman Platinums, I like the shinyness of them.

Thanks for the package Julie, it was definitely a surprise.  Be sure to check her out at “Funner Here”, she is closing on on her 1000th Roy Halladay card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.