Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Help a brother out.

I have a friend, (I know, shocking right.)  His name is Brock and he works with me.  He is in the maintenance department, but he does Frank’s job on some days.  I used to do Frank’s job, till I told them I wanted more money and they said no.  So I told them no to doing the job.  He hates doing that job, so I feel it’s my duty to make fun of him when he complains about doing it.  That’s what friends are for.

5278438f927bc03e4162c4bcb0783557.r7oRGM5QQvC6CZDIdQsnGQ

He’s also a Notre Dame fan and he likes Eli Manning, whom both I don’t like.  So I’m not sure why I still like him, but I do.  He’s a good guy just trying to make it through our crap job and spend some time with his girlfriend.

Why am I telling you all of this?  A little while back he was complaining that he was always sick.  I told him to go to the doctor.  He said that’s what his family was saying, that it might be cancer.  I told him I don’t know about that, could just be ulcers or something like that.  He then told me he eats like crazy and keeps losing weight.  I told him to get his ass to a doctor.  I told him that he knows just as much as I do, that if it is cancer, it needs to be caught early.  Well, eventually he did go.

Brock was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma on 9/5/2012. He is now going through chemotherapy and of course, is out of work until the treatment is done.  I’m not expecting any of you to help, but if you could, it would greatly be appreciated.  All money is going towards paying for his treatments.  You can go to his www.giveforward.com page or click on the widget I added to my sidebar at my blog Random Thoughts From a Random Guy.

Even if everyone who reads this donated a $1 a piece, it would make a difference.  So please help him out.  He needs to get back to work so I can continue to make fun of him, because that’s what friends are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.