Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tuesday–2x3 Heroes week

Since I did a week of Dennis posts a few weeks ago, I’m doing this week of cards sent to me by other bloggers.  That would be a day (yesterday) from “Off Hiatus Baseball Cards” and the rest of the week, cards sent from “2 by 3 Heroes”.  Jeff sent me a small box of cards for my collections out of the goodness of his White Sox loving heart.

Tuesday is going to be White Sox collection cards.  Wednesday is going to be Vintage collection from the 80’s.  Thursday is going to be Vintage collection from the 70’s and Friday is going to be player collections.

Let’s get it rolling.

2x3-whitesox2008

2008 Topps – Carlos Quentin and Scott Podsednik

These 2 cards take me down to 6 cards left for the team set.  Out of those 6, 5 are also player collection cards so I probably have them but they went to those collections first.

2x3-whitesox2007

2007 Topps – Jon Garland, Jose Contreras and Mark Buehrle

These 3 cards take that team set down to 4 cards and 2 of those are player collections.  You think it’s bad that I have to get 2 of each of my player collection cards for these sets, but when it’s a team set from 1987 or older, I have to get 3, one for the vintage collection too.

2x3-whitesox2006

2006 Topps – Scott Podsednik, Jose Contreras, AJ Pierzynski and Paul Konerko

These 4 cards take the team set down to 3 cards and even though 2 of the above are also player collection players, so are 2 of the 3 remaining cards for the set.

2x3-whitesox2005

2005 Upper Deck – Paul Konerko

I’m not doing so hot on my Upper Deck sets, while I have completed 1 set (2010) I’m not anywhere close on any other.  For instance, this card gets me one card closer but I still need 12 cards for the set.  I looked at my other UD sets and the closest I am on any of them is 8 cards (1994).

2x3-whitesox1987

1987 Topps – Luis Salazar and Steve Carlton

On the other hand, these 2 cards cut my need list in half for the 1987 Topps set.  It leaves me with only 2 more cards, 1 of those is another player collection card (as is the Steve Carlton card above.)  I’m not sure how I haven’t completed this one yet since, you know, it’s 1987 Topps but I haven’t.

2x3-whitesox1985

1985 Topps – Harold Baines and Roy Smalley

This set, on the other hand, is a long ways from being done.  As in I still need 24 more cards.  I’m starting to wonder if these weren’t my first 2 cards of the set.

2x3-whitesox1982

1982 Topps – Wayne Nordhagen

This is another set I’m far from completing.  22 cards still left, which means I greatly appreciate Jeff for sending me what he did.

Be sure to check out Jeff’s blog at “2 by 3 Heroes” and be sure to come back tomorrow and the rest of the week to check out the rest of the goodness he bestowed upon me.

1 comment:

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.