Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lots of Vintage and more

This is actually a 2 day post since I was to lazy to post what came in the mail yesterday. I got 1 envelope chocked full of cards yesterday and 4 cards in 4 envelopes today. We'll start with the chocked full envelope first.

I won a lot of 1978 Topps cards, I didn't bother looking to see how many I needed. I only had 118 to begin with so I took a shot. I even put a max bid at a quarter a card. This is what I ended up needing.









I ended up with 15 additions to the set. It was a 18 card lot so I say I did pretty good. After adding them to the list and recalculating, I ended up with 134 cards for the 1978 Topps set which puts this set at 18.5% completed. My winning bid was $1.62 so it equals out to 14 cards at $.11 and one for a dime.


Since we're on the vintage theme, I picked up this 1980 Topps for $.23/shipped. It puts that set at 137 cards and almost 19% completed.


I just picked up one of these Rite-Aid cards of Mike Schmidt, now I got this one for $.16/shipped. This 1988 Topps Rite-Aid goes to the White Sox Collection.


Now on to something a little newer. I picked up this 2015 Donruss Preferred for $.18/shipped. It would be nice if I could finish logging all my cards in so I knew how many Jose Abreu cards I had. I know it's not a ton but it would just be nice to know.


I also picked up another White Sox relic on the cheap. I got this Carlos Lee jersey card for $1.34/shipped. It looks familiar so I think I have one of these Timber & Threads jersey cards already, I just don't know if it's this one or not. I'll figure it out whenever I get around to putting the cards away.

1 comment:

  1. I just don't get how those guys make any money selling stuff for ten cents and so on. Is bulk shipping that low?

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.