Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, June 22, 2019

2 Days, 4 Envelopes

I'm a slacker, again. I got a couple cards yesterday but I didn't post them. I got a few more today so you'll get the last 2 days worth.

We'll start with some White Sox pick-ups.


My White Sox collection knows this guy, it's the 398th card of Frank Thomas, which is my highest non-player collection amount of cards. High enough to be 3rd on my all-time list but the top 2 are player collection cards. I picked this up for $.45/shipped.


I picked up both of these 2019 Topps, which were my last 2 of Series 1 (minus the SP's) which is just in time since Series 2 is out. I picked them both up for $.23/shipped/each. This is my 7th card of Engel, and my 13th of Avisail. Both are no longer with the White Sox, at least the big club. Engel is back in the minors while Garcia got let go, I believe he's with Tampa Bay now.


I also picked up this heritage from the same seller as the above 2 cards. I'm still a few cards short of this team set, 6 to be exact. I paid $.35/shipped for it. It is only my 2nd card of our current closer.

Now on to the autograph portion of this post.


I picked up this auto of another former White Sox. This Topps Finest auto came to me for $1.58/shipped. This is my 15th card of Matt. He is now with Texas and when I was looking up at that info, it said he signed a minor league deal as a Infielder and a Pitcher. He had a couple of trips to the mound during blow outs and did pretty well, but I don't know about him becoming a pitcher. It would be pretty cool if he did the transition but you would think he'd want to me in the NL so he could hit too.


Last but not least, my first card of David Long which means a new player collection. I picked this one up for $2.25/shipped of this former Wolverine who was just drafted this year by the Rams. I really have to pay attention to his cards when I'm searching because another David Long got drafted from West Virginia this year as well.

I haven't forgotten about the cards Dennis sent me, I have to finish up the White Sox (I think that's it), I got all the player and Michigan collection cards done. I'm heading that way once this post is done.

3 comments:

  1. Nice David Long! I've got lots of recent draftees to chase in terms of RCs and autos so I'm definitely behind. Great pickup with the college uni auto

    ReplyDelete
  2. 398 Big Hurts? I PC him and don't know if I have that many of his cards. I think I'm probably around 200 different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 400 now, I added a couple I got from Dennis. That's the number that the TCDB gives me, I don't have a player collection so I don't have a separate list of his cards. https://www.tradingcarddb.com/CollectionBrowseP.cfm/pid/5836/Frank-Thomas?Member=MySportsObsession&CollectionID=1&Filter=G

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.