Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Week of Autos Continues

I'm a day late, I actually got these cards yesterday but my lack of sleep throughout the week caught up with my and I crashed early last night. Yesterday was the 3rd day in a row that I received autographs in the mail which leads up to the discussion I had with the wife this morning on how much I've been spending on cards. I do keep track and I haven't changed the habits as far as what I bid on or how much I bid but my costs have gone up because I've been winning a lot more autos/relics than I normally do. Oops! Here's what I got yesterday.


I picked up this auto for $2.51/shipped. It's numbered to /199.


I also paid $2.51/shipped for this auto on a bat (so they imply). The back says the auto is real but says nothing about the bat piece. I wouldn't be surprised if they just sign flat, thin pieces of wood specifically made for the card. This one is numbered to /49.

I saw that we released Nicky which sucked because I do like him, but I just read they released him to make room on the 40 man roster and he was out with a season ending injury while in the minors. You can't run an injured player through waivers, so teams generally released them to open up the spot and than sign them again later so maybe he'll stay with the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.