Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas Package #1

I am blessed to be a Michigan Wolverines fan. Not only because they are the best university on the planet, but also because it has gotten me a relationship with Dennis from "Too Many Verlanders" who us bloggers know, is one of the most generous card givers out there. He continually sends me cards even though I'm not that great at giving back.

Dennis sent out a bunch of Christmas packages and I was one of the lucky people to receive one. I'm going to spread it out between a few posts because I don't have a lot coming in right now and I want to make sure I stay in the habit of blogging. I know how I get when I don't post for awhile.

We'll start off with something that Dennis and I don't agree with, baseball teams. Our teams are actually foes, in the division as well as the fans. I'm sure he's plenty happy to ship off all his White Sox cards away.



We'll start with 3 more Frank Thomas cards which gives me 438 cards of his. I really like the Finest, you know, because they are shiny and I had a couple of the leaf subset above, but this one was new to me.


He also through in a couple of 2006 Topps that I needed. This is the 80th card of the World Series hero Jermaine Dye and my 27th of Vazquez. I'm still about 6 cards away from completing that team set though.


He also sent a couple of these Pinnacle Clear Vision cards of Alex Rios. I hadn't seen these in person before, they are pretty slick. These 2 cards give me 38 cards of Rios.


Last but not least, he sent this die cut card of Rodon which is also a pretty cool looking card from Panini. Leather & Lumber used to be a Donruss set and I liked it back then as well. This is my 39th card of our former Opening Day starter.

In the next couple of posts, I'll start hitting on some player collections that Dennis sent me. The last post will feature the 2 cards that shocked me to see.

1 comment:

  1. Dennis sent me a buffet of cardboard as well. So much variety! Can't wait to read what two cards you're referring to.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.