Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Shoeless Friday

I'm still waiting on my last Ebay package, if I don't get it tomorrow, then I'll start the process of getting a refund and a sportslots seller can have my money. I purchased another 20 something cards today and had them sent to my box. After it gets there, I'll have 4 packages there. I think I'm going to have it ship next week so I'll probably add another package or so to it.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going to show some cards that my cousin sent me. I planned on posting a few times a week but I'm so old now that I usually nap after work which leaves me less time to work on cards. I really should go to bed earlier so I don't need the naps.

Here's the other player collection that he has probably about doubled with his last 2 packages.


These Panini Diamond Kings are kind of tough sometimes to figure out what year it is since they've used the same photo multiple times. I believe this is from 2017.



Everything else left of Shoeless Joe are all 2019 Panini. This one is from the Leather & Lumber set. I like it, it's different and it's a die cut.


This one is from the Diamond Kings set but it's an insert set labeled 1919.



These last 2 are from the Joe Jackson insert set, also part of the Diamond Kings set. There are 5 total cards, including the checklist in this set, Sluggo sent me the other 3 in his last package so I now have the final 2 to the insert set.

These 5 cards put the Shoeless Joe Jackson Collection at 22 cards. It was only at 15 cards this year until the last couple of months. I only picked up 1 or 2 cards every year since 2013 until this year where I've gotten 8 of them, 7 came from  Sluggo in his last 2 packages.

4 comments:

  1. Love the DK Jackson as well as those cards.
    The Cobb, Crawford, Heilmann cards are some of my favorites of recent years.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen that JJ insert set. I really like those cards. Sure hope your eBay package arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either until it arrived in my mailbox. I filed a claim this morning on the ebay package so I assume I'll just get a refund.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.