Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Tier 1 sorting

Went over to Sluggo's after work today to prep a few more things for the big show in Shipshewana tomorrow. The bad thing is that it snowed pretty good here so I'm hoping that doesn't effect the attendance too much. We were pumped up for this show because they only do it 4 times a year and the first one is always the biggest, attendance wise. There's over 180 tables so it's always busy but the 1st one of the year is always the busiest. Plus, a fellow blogger is supposed to make an appearance but he's coming from up North and I'm afraid the snow will be too much. It's supposed to stop snowing tonight and it's not supposed to get real cold and get close to 40 tomorrow so while the roads might suck in the morning, I think they will clear off by late morning. It's also an hour East of us so for all I know, there isn't any snow because that's how Indiana works sometimes.

Today's post will feature my Tier 1 pick-ups, which I don't get to add to very often.

I picked up both of these from the boxes we are sorting and selling from the Man Cave up North. As you can tell by the Dodgers uniforms, these are early in his career.


I picked up these 2 from Hollisters at the Lansing show. Technically, we bought a huge box of cards from him and then I paid Sluggo for them at even more of a discount. I like both of these because I like the early Chrome's and Finest are always nice, these are both refractors as well. I paid less than a buck a piece for these.

These 4 give me 742 cards of PK.

I picked up this from Kevin, it's another one of those retired edition cards that I didn't know existed. It was a freebie for sorting.

This was another one that I got in the Man Cave boxes, so once again, another freebie. This would be one of those cards that I thought I had but I didn't. That happens a lot and that's also why I always check before I purchase, well, most of the time.


This one came from my LCS but it came out of a seriel numbered box that we purchased from them but I still got it free from sorting his other boxes.

These 3 cards give my Aparicio to 128 cards. I remembered when I first started that collection, I really didn't think it would ever get that big. It helps he has a bunch of 90's and early 2000's cards.


This is the only Billy Williams I added, but it was also free from sorting for my LCS. I've seen the '52 sets before but I never seen them in the Chrome versions but there were a few in the cards I sorted. Then I logged it in and realized it's from 2021 so it doesn't surprise me that I hadn't seen them yet.

This card gives me 116 cards so not too far from the Aparicio collection.



These both come from the LCS as well. I've been doing a lot of sorting. I actually don't get very many from the LCS sorts. For the most part, I usually only keep 10 or 12 cards of sorts. Although I walked in on Tuesday of this week and he set aside a card for me and just gave it to me when I came in, for free. The second card also goes to my Schmidt collection. It also came from the serial numbered box.

These 2 of Tom Terrific give me 554 card of him.

I got to add to 4 of my 6 Tier 1 collections with all the sorting I've been doing so it's definitely worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Our power just went out, so I started reading blogs... hopefully all will be well by the morning.
    Good Job! 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that Aparicio Retired single. The yellow trim is unique and that set is an underrated gem in general.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.