Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, March 4, 2023

One Blogger, Lots of Cards

We set up in Shipshewana today and had a really good day. It was non-stop from once we set up until about 1 or 1:30. It was packed most of the morning. We barely had a chance to sit down until the afternoon. Which made great timing because about the time it started slowing down, John from John's Big League Baseball Blog stopped by to say hi. He had messaged me the other day and said he'd be at the show so we chatted while he looked through our boxes.


I should have put my head down so you could see my Michigan hat, plus it's crooked, good thing John is more photogenic than me. It was nice to meet another blogger, I think Dennis is the only other one I've met in person. I feel like I might have met another one at some point but my memory is failing me. Great meeting you John, look forward to next time.

Since John and I are both Michigan fans, it's only fair that the random give me some Michigan players for today's post.


I picked up these 3 parallels from Hollister at the Lansing Show. They came from the box we purchased from him. These 3 double the cards I have of this parallel. These 3 also give me 24 cards of Chesson.


I could copy and paste the paragraph above about Chesson here, except I only had 1 other prizm of Long. These 3 came from the same Hollister box as the above. These 3 give me 10 card of him.

The only card on this post that didn't come from Hollisters. This one came from Sluggo as part of the sorting. It's a rookie and he's in the Maize and Blue, I'll definitely take that.



I also got a plethera of Paye's from the same Hollister box. As you can tell, I picked out a bunch of cards from that box.  Lots of color parallels up there. These 11 cards of Paye give me 26 of him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and John got to meet up, that's awesome! And I love all the Chessons, Longs, and Payes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great time for us, meeting you, Sluggo, and hitting up Hollisters as well. Appreciate the great deal you gave us on the cards, as well, and we'll definitely look you up next time.

    Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.