Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Michigan baseball classic

We set up at the Plymouth show today. I have more cards for sorting, plus my latest shipment from Sportlots as well as the cards I picked up today to log in. We finally got all the cards sorted as well so I have a ton of cards to log in but at least since the sorting of the 65 boxes is done, I'll be able to come home after work and work on them. I haven't done that in a couple of weeks and I have stacks upon stacks of cards to put away, let alone log in.

The great random on the interwebs decided that since spring training and the World Baseball Classic is going on, that we'd do a baseball post.


These all came from Sluggo, more payment cards for sorting so I didn't pay anything for them. I like each of those top 3 for different reasons. The Gypsy Queen for the camo jersey, the Heritage for the 1973 look-a-like and platinum for the cool looking shiny background. I'm guessing I didn't notice that Jake was on this card otherwise I would have had this a lot sooner.


These 2 scans came from my LCS, all for free for doing sorting for them. 2 Donruss, a flagship and the 582 Montgomery of the team card I discussed above.

This card I picked up from Hollister. It is the only card on this post that I paid for. This is the foilboard parallel and is numbered to /185.


Last but definitely not least, this was one of the cards my mom bought for me at Christmas. This Cronenworth auto is the green parallel of his rookie autograph from Inception and is numbered to /125. It is my 2nd auto of Jake.

I do love that there is a former Wolverine that is getting so many cards right now. It gives me somebody other than Sox players to search for. These 10 give me 56 cards of Jake.

I picked up this Stadium Club from Sluggo. Not long after, I found the next card at my LCS.


This is the red parallel which were fairly common as far as parallels go. The red goes well with an Angels card.

These 2 cards give me 277 cards of Jim. Obviously, this player collection has been going for quite a bit longer than the other 2 on this post.

I picked up these 4 of Steven from Sportlots. Really like the Cracked Ice (technically Sapphire) and the Hyper Red & Purple Prizm in the Michigan uniform. I really like the Draft Picks version with the Block M right there in front.


Speaking of the red Prizm, here is the Hyper version of that previous card. This one I picked up from Sluggo.

These 5 cards of Steven give me 6 of him so needless to say, that collection got bumped up quite a bit.

4 comments:

  1. So, you're why there wasn't any Cronenworth cards when I saw you at Shipshewana. 😂😂😂😂

    Go Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Cronenworth auto. I still need to add one to my Padres PC at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My LCS has 2 of the same one (A&G I think) and I can't just pull the trigger on $40.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.