Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, October 8, 2023

This weekends cards

Kevin and I set up at the South Bend show yesterday. While I didn't buy anything, and I didn't sort anything for the LCS on Friday, I still came home with a few cards. Kevin bought a collection from another LCS who doesn't like to deal in the lower end stuff so when he gets in a collection, he sells it to us and he grabbed some for me while going through it, he gave them to me when I went to his house to load up for the show.

I'll go in order of teams and tiers.


First we will start with the non PC Sox cards. A couple of Pro Debut cards, I have a couple of each player already, probably Bowman's and also a Camo of Yolber whom I now have 4 cards of. Even though Burger is no longer with the Sox, I liked him and continue to enjoy getting cards of his, this is my 34th of him. I might have a little more of the last guy, this 2023 Pristine of Frank Thomas gives me 1018 of him.


These 2 cards of Hunter go to the Michigan collection as I don't PC him. They are my 3rd and 4th card of him though, all in the Maize and Blue.

Next up are my Tier 2 - Michigan players


Kevin pulled another of Jett Howard, which is only my 2nd one him and a new PC is started with my first of Caleb Houstan. When he was hot, he hit everything but he wasn't consistently game in and game out. I thought he could use at least another year of college ball but what do I know.


There were some autos and relics mixed in there as well which is where this one came from. It's my 3rd card of Hawkins and my 1st autograph. Have I mentioned how much I hate when they do that to the helmets. It's not a logo, it's not the block M, why do they have to do that?


This card I actually picked up at the card show in Mishawaka last month. Kevin and I bought a stack of cards from a guy at half off and when I took out the cards that I wanted, I forgot this one and he just found it and gave it back. I ended up not having to pay for it anyways. It's the blue parallel and is numbered to /99. It is my 42nd card of Jordan.

Next up the Tier 2.


He also gave me 3 more of Tim Anderson. You'll see more of those A&G X cards today. Love the reminder of the Field of Dreams walk off win. These 3 give me 220 cards of Mr. Anderson.


Another one of the A&G X of Eloy and another Camo Bowman, this one of Andrew Vaughn. It's my 195th of Eloy (almost at the next milestone) and my 89th of Vaughn.


I even got a couple of Tier 1 players. The Red parallel from the 2006 Turkey Red set and the last of the A&G X's of Paul Konerko. It is my 133rd of Aparicio and my 759th card of PK.

Some nice addition to add for not paying a dime for any of it.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about shops that don't like to deal in the supposedly "lower-end" stuff, and always wonder how they can survive. And I do believe that when the inevitable downturn comes, they'll be the first ones to go under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all fairness to this shop, cards aren't his only business. While they do set up at shows and such, they love cards, but they sell a lot of unique Notre Dame items including autographed and game used stuff, not cards, but actual helmets, shoes, uniforms, ect.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.