Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, October 6, 2023

Tier 1 additions

I have a rare day off from birthday posts today. Between 9/27-10/7 (11 days), there are 11 birthdays in my PC so it's a busy week and a half. I haven't picked up any more cards since the last post so I'm going to do another random of the cards that I picked up before.

These are all my Tier 1 pick-ups, in alphabetical order.


I picked up this new Prizm of Aparicio from my sorting of my LCS. It's nice to see him getting some more cards. It's my 132nd of Lil' Luis.


Sluggo gave me this Konerko, it's a parallel version from 1998 Leaf called Fractal Foundation. It is numbered but like most 1990's, really high, almost 4000. I definitely like getting some more of PK as I don't run into too many that I don't have anymore. This is my 758th card of him.


I picked up these 3 cards from the Michigan City show, they were in that quarter box of Hall of Famers. I grabbed a whole stack of Seavers but these were the only 3 that I ended up needing. I like the O-Pee-Chee, those were always super rare to see back when I was a kid.


I also picked up these 2 from my sorting duties. As you can see, I generally pick up the newer cards when sorting.


I also picked this up in Michigan City for a quarter. Another player that I don't get to add to very often. This is a 1985 TCMA. It is my 121st card of Billy.

That's all for today, I have another birthday post tomorrow, 2 actually, and then it'll free me up to do some more normal posts. Kevin and I will be set up at a show tomorrow. I don't plan on picking up any cards, but you know how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. That OPC Seaver was one of the first cards that I owned! It is long gone now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine that with where you're at in life now, you probably won't have a lot of trouble finding a lot of the parallels for that Prizm Aparicio.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.