Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Fort Wayne Adds

I worked on sorting for the LCS today. I have a bunch of cards that I'm putting in player order. I got them all in stacks, alphabetically by last name. Now I have to go through each letter and put them in player order, and of course, check some to see if they are anything that I need (or Kevin or Dennis). I only got as far as the A's but I did pull one for me and a few for Kevin. I probably won't finish them until next weekend since we're doing 10 hour days this week. 

We set up at the Fort Wayne show yesterday. It was a good show, it usually is. It helped that it was raining out, the only time the shows aren't as good as usual is when it's nice weather out. I did do some shopping around looking at some vintage but I was looking for a couple of specific cards and didn't see them so I didn't buy anything. I did come home with some cards for myself though as Kevin went through a .50 cent box and bought a bunch of color parallels. He got a discount for buying a bunch as well so he paid less than .50 cents. I paid even less for the ones I wanted, as in, I didn't pay anything. This is what I pulled for myself.


I grabbed 3 more of Tim Anderson. The Donruss is the Lime Green Parallel, the Prizm Machines is the Silver and the bottom card is just a plain old refractor. These 3 give me 223 cards of TA.


I also picked up a Lime Green of Eloy along with a White Wave parallel of Prism. These 2 give me 197.


I picked up this Red, White and Blue of Andrew Vaughn. It's my 3rd parallel of that card and I still don't have the base one. It is my 90th card of Vaughn.

All of the above are all part of the White Sox collection as well.

I also found a few former Wolverines that are current PC's.

Always happy to pick up our 1 semi-star in the pros. The nice thing is he keeps getting more and more cards, unlike a lot of my Michigan baseball PC's who pretty much have Bowman cards and that's it. This Silver parallel of Mosaic is my 74th card of Cronenworth.


See, a Bowman parallel. This is my 5th card of Jack. 3 of them are Bowman parallels and 2 Panini Draft Picks. Another reason I don't want Panini out of business, they do draft pick sets which are in college uni's.


I also picked up 1 football card of Kwity Paye. He's been getting a bunch of cards in new products as well. I only had 15 cards in 2 years time until this year, now I'm at 58.


I save my Tier 1 add for last. I added this insert parallel, the Green one. I already have the base and the Silver. This is my 573rd card of Tom Terrific.

1 comment:

  1. It looks a bit weird to see Tom Seaver on such a busy card.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.