Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Vintage stars

It's Thursday so I'm done with work for the week. I got kicked out at 1 today because I hit my 40 hours and they aren't allowing overtime. Maybe I'll get some posts done this weekend. We are setting up at a small show on Saturday but it's only half an hour or so from home so I won't be gone all day.

Today, I'm going to hit a couple of collections. They kind of go together.


I got 3 cards for the team card collection. They are all mid 2000's. I was happy they came back at this time, I wish they had them in the newer sets. You'd think the heritage sets would at least have them. It's only my 4th card of the Marlins but they didn't have any Vintage. I have 14 cards of the Giants, 5 of them are after 2000. The Mets are now at 13 cards, 4 from after 2000. These 3 came from Sluggo

I said these collections go together before I realized the 3 cards I had for the team collection were all modern (sort of) but here we go anyways.


I picked up these 21 cards from sorting. He must have picked up some (sort of) Vintage lots from somebody.


These 13 cards also came from sorting. All of the players in both scans are of list players, some of the players I pull while doing the sorting. When I sort list players, I put them in player stacks. The guy that buys them pays more when they are already sorted. Obviously, these are the older players, mostly hall of famers. There's a lot more modern players than these but you won't see those here being it's a Vintage post.

Remember awhile ago, when I said the promoter at the Plymouth show told me he had some vintage on his table that I should see, Well the rest of the post are those cards.


As you can see, these are a lot better players than I normally purchase on the cheap. The Yaz is a player collection as well. Kevin was upset I grabbed the Hank Aaron before he saw it. I mean, I didn't grab it until the show was closing so it wasn't like he didn't have that option. These 2 cards give me 238 cards from that set which is good for 30% complete.


2 more stars and another needed PC card. These 2 1971's give me 199 cards which is just under 30% complete.


2 more of the same players only a year older. These 2 1970's give me 117 cards which is good for 16% complete. As you can tell, the older I get, the less cards I have.


Lastly, this 1968 of Killebrew gives me only 56 from that set which is still under 10%.

I paid $33 for those 7 cards which is way over what I normally spend, at least on 7 cards but those are some pretty good Vintage stars and not the usual commons that I pick up. Like I said, he was the promoter and a guy I consider a friend so I didn't mind handing him that much money.

1 comment:

  1. I'm completely out of touch with current prices, so I have no idea how good of a deal your seven cards were, but they're all big names, and the cards all look really great. And those were some solid freebies to add to your Fleer sets.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.