Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, October 20, 2023

Tier 2 additions

I was glad to see the Rangers lose 2 games, I don't have much to go on when it comes to the White Sox these days but we do hold the best winning percentage in the playoffs (tied with some team nobody has heard of) with 11-1 so with them losing 2, they're out. I'm not a big fan of the Astros, but I wouldn't mind seeing Abreu win the big one. I'm not opposed to either of the teams in the NL either, I guess I'll take the Dbacks just because it's been a lot longer for them since they've won one.

I worked on sorting list players today but only for a couple of hours as the wife and I ran errands all morning. I have found a few cards for myself but you'll see those once I get through all the cards.

Today, I'm going to blow through all of my Tier 2 players. They are in alphabetical order by last name. Once I clear out my cache, so to speak, I'll go to the format that I've used the last couple of weeks when I purchased (or gotten) cards.


These 4 cards of Fisk (I swear he's on the Sportflic) came from the quarter box of Hall of Famers at the Michigan City show awhile back. These 4 give me 378 cards of the OG Pudge.


I picked up these 2 A&G's from my sorting duties. I've noticed he doesn't get a ton of cards, all of these smaller sets usually exclude him so it's nice to pick some up. These 2 give me 34 cards of our closer. I'm still waiting to see if he'll be with us next year.




I picked up all of these Eloy cards, except the auto from my sorting duties as well. The autograph I picked up in the half off box at my LCS that I do the sorting for. He ended up giving me those for free as well for the sorting. The 2 from 2023 are from series 2 as I had already completed series 1. I have 197 cards of Eloy and that is my first auto of his.



These 10 cards came from the quarter box at Michigan City as well.


This card was a sorting find for myself.


These 2 cards came from Kevin sorting. All in all, I'm not complaining about adding 13 cards of Larkin without paying a dime. They give me 741 cards of Barry. I keep picking up cards of him like this and he's going to pass Konerko on my PC's.


This was the only card I picked up of Moncada. It's also a series 2. This card gives me 220 of him.


Kevin gave me these from his sorting duties. The Stadium Club is the red parallel and it looks to be a shot from the Field of Dreams game. These 2 give me 194 which, like Eloy, is closing in on that 200 card milestone.


I also picked up this Mojo refractor of Andrew Vaughn. This one came from Fred (a guy at work who gives me cards). I only have 90 of Vaughn so while I'm closing in on a milestone of him as well, it's only half of the other's mentioned on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.