Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, October 30, 2023

HOF'ers and more

Today's post are the cards I returned to the shop last weekend. I organized the list players for my LCS, luckily, it was baseball as I have more than a few PC's that align with the list. The list consists of players that the guy we sell them too has guys that he can sell, there is a list of current and older non HOF'ers plus any HOF'er is included.

Let's see what I got to keep.

We'll start with the team collections.


A couple of Minnie Minoso, a Frank Thomas and an Early Wynn. Not too bad to start with it. I've been getting a lot of the platinum anniversary cards lately.

The 2 Minoso's give me 15 of him.

1019 of Frank Thomas now which is the only player I have over 1k of.

The shiny Wynn gives me 10 of him.


Next up are Tier 3 which a bunch of my PC's are HOF'ers.


I added 4 more of Johnny Bench. The top 2 are from this years Donruss but the bottom 2 I had never seen before. The left one is from the Ted Williams set in 1993. While the right one looks familiar, it is actually an insert set from the 1992 Upper Deck set, not the 2008 set.

These 4 cards give me 238 cards of Johnny.


I also picked up a couple more cards of the kid. One old, one fairly new. With all the sorting of junk wax I've done, you would think I already had the 1988 Donruss All-Star. The other is a Select from 2022.

These 2 give me 349 cards of Carter.


I added 7 more of Mike Schmidt. The top 5 are all from the previously mentioned Ted Williams set, only a year later. The bottom row consists of 1989 Cereal Superstars, I'd be curious what cereal they came from. The right is a 2022 Archives card.

These 7 give me 351 cards of Schmidt.


I also got 1 of Yastrzemski. This is a 2005 Fan Favorite, the 2nd 1963 look-a-like of this post.

This Yaz gives me 183 cards.

Next up are my Tier 2 PC's.


I found 2 more of Pudge, 1 from each of the Sox. You see another of the Platinum Anniversary cards. Along with a Topps Finest from 1993.

These 2 give me 380 of Fisk.


I picked up an Eloy Prizm, but not my only Prizm of this post. This is also a milestone card of Eloy.

This card gives me 200 cards of the Big Baby which puts me #5 on TCDB.


You get another Prizm White Sox with these 3 additions of Moncada. Along with a 2021 Chrome and a 2022 A&G. I've been picking up the A&G's a lot recently.

These 3 give me 226 cards of Yoan which puts me at #1 on TCDB.


It was nice to grab a few of Larkin (I think I got a few for Dennis as well). You see another 2022 A&G only of the X (not old Twitter) variety. A 1998 Chrome which you don't see too often and the one on the right is a Stadium Club Member's only 55 (not sure what the 55 is about). I had never seen that one before. I also got this Showcase Series from 1998 Score.

These 4 give me 746 of the former Wolverine.

I also managed to get a couple from my Tier 1 collections.


I found another 2023 Donruss in the form of Tom Terrific and a 2015 Stadium Club of Aparicio. Nothing too flashy but needs all the same.

The Aparicio gives me 134 cards which moves me into the #1 spot on TCDB.

The Seaver gives me 575 cards which puts me at #4 on TCDB.

1 comment:

  1. I don't imagine that the Platinum Anniversary are going over too well with the breaking/flipping/investing crowd, so one would have to think that you'll be seeing a lot more of that stuff on the cheap, and/or be able to get it free from your sorting.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.