Welcome

This blog is about sports and sports cards. Which both I love to talk about. My teams are as follows - MLB - Chicago White Sox, NCAA - Michigan Wolverines & NFL - Indianapolis Colts. Although I post my Michigan stuff to another site now - check it out at http://toomanymarios.blogspot.com/

Monday, February 4, 2013

Completed Team Sets–1989 Topps

I believe I was one card short when I received it from Jeff over at “2 by 3 Heroes” to complete the 1989 Topps team set.

completed-89topps01

I know it’s not a flashy site but some of the cards aren’t bad.  And look, a Topps All-Rookie, you know they always predict the next super star.

completed-89topps02

Ozzie Guillen and Harold Baines, previous manager and coach.  Steve Lyons, and he has his pants on.

completed-89topps03

I do like the cursive team name but they definitely could have done better with the pictures.  Carlton Fisk and Greg Walker.  HOF and hitting coach, it’s close.

completed-89topps04

Jack McDowell, great pitcher.  And our current coach’s rookie card, Robin Ventura.  Ok, so Chicago White Sox team sets aren’t expensive to complete.  Makes you wonder why I don’t have more.

Thanks Jeff for completing another team set.

1 comment:

  1. Black Jack without the goatee. He always looks weird clean shaven.

    ReplyDelete