Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

A couple of Sox

This post will have a lot of cards in it. A lot of White Sox cards. My cousin sent me 2 packages last month. These are the Sox cards from the second package that came towards the end of the month.



Those are all the cards from 2016. He sent me a bunch of the Holiday set but I already had a few. The only one I need now is the Abreu, to bad that Frazier don't count since Abreu is on it.



More Frazier and Abreu and some guys you don't see much on Sox cards. I'll definitely take the Zach Putnam as he is a former Wolverine. I should look and see who has played for Michigan and the Sox. Off the top of my head, I already collect Jim Abbott and Chris Getz. I know of Putnam and Clayton Richard as well. There's probably others, probably others I know but can't think of right now. One of these days I should do a list. I'm not sure where I can find something like that but I'll figure it out.

These are all from 2017. Those 4 Topps (Holland is from Update) finish off that team set except for the 2 SP's of Sale and Abreu. Speaking of Abreu, those couple of cards up there make 107 of his in my Sox collection.


These 4 are from 2018. Decent shot of Saladino's mustache.



A couple more of Vaughn who is supposed to be a big deal, my cousin has sent me most of the cards I have of him, these 2 give me 13 total. The Frank Thomas puts his cards at 528.


Last but not least, the 2020. He sent me a bunch of the Gypsy Queen as well but I had bought some of the Sox already but I needed all of those.

2 comments:

  1. Voting for Melky's leaping catch. The photographer really timed it on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that 2017 Topps Melky Cabrera!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.