Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Old Timers

This is the last day of June and I have 3 more posts, including today's, left of May's pickups. I don't think I'll make it but that's quite alright considering I got a package yesterday from Dennis with a bunch of cards I need to go through so I won't be ready to start posting June cards tomorrow anyways. Good thing it's a 3 day weekend. I still haven't opened my Sportlots package and have a few others to scan.


These 5 of Johnny Bench came in the first package from Sluggo. All modern day except that 1982 Drake's which is a pretty sweet card. I like the gold label but older cards tend to excite me more.


I also got this Bench in the 2nd package. I do the like the looks of this card, the die cut, the picture with the smokey background. These 6 cards put me over the century mark so "Here's Johnny" at 102 cards. Sorry, couldn't help myself.


I really like these cards of the Kid because they are all Expos cards. Those Expos colors go great with the color variations in the  Prizm cards. These all came from Sluggo as well and put his collection at 134 cards.


Last but not least, this Altuve. Kidding of course, these 2 Yaz's also came from Sluggo and puts his collection at 72 cards. The chrome is shinier than it looks here.

2 comments:

  1. I like that image of Carter looking at the camera on that GQ card. I always prefer to see him wearing an Expos uniform when he's included in newer products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cool looking cards! I especially love the Little General and both Gary Carters. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.