Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Lotsa Sox and others

I had a bunch of single players (and 1 vintage) so I combined them into 1 post, then decided to throw in another player who had a bunch of cards but all the players played with the Sox but other teams are represented in the post.


We'll start with the 1 lone vintage card. I picked this card up for a reason but you'll have to wait until next month before I get into it. I would have guessed I had this already but apparently not. I picked this up on Sportlots for $.18.


This lone card of the original Pudge gives me 164 cards of him. He's wearing the wrong colored Sox but what can you do. This card came from my cousin.


I picked up this gold version of a very young Mark Buehrle on Sportlots for $.39. Not to bad for a parallel 2nd year card. This card gave me 198 for his collection.


The last player is Paulie of whom I picked up more than a few cards of his. These all come from CardBarrel and with shipping were all $.22/each. First up are the Reds cards from his pre-White Sox days.


No, you're not looking at duplicates. The backs are different.


See, I wasn't lying.


I love the sleeveless uniforms on the Ultra. I'd like to see those come back if only occasionally. I find the Bowman hilarious because it shows Paulie running. 5 tool player, Konerko was not.


The 1987 Fleer look-a-like in the Platinum. As you can tell, I picked up quite a few Konerko cards CardBarrel. With these additions, the PK collection is up to 478 cards.


Make that 479 different cards as I also got this card from my cousin. I thought I already had this one as well but I have a future stock parallel. It's basically the same card except it says future stock in the upper right corner. I'm closing in on that 500 mark with my favorite all time player. He will be only my 3rd player with over 500 cards. The others are Ripken and Frank Thomas.

2 comments:

  1. The Fisk is nice, but Konerko as a catcher gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While going through boxes last week, I came across another Konerko card from the mid 90's that pictured him in catcher's gear. I definitely did a double take, because I don't think I ever saw or heard of him catching.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.