Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Milestone Tuesday

Before I get to today's post, what's up with Bloggers comments spam detector. I've had the same spam message posted on a couple blog posts every day for the last week. I mark them all spam so you think blogger could figure this out but apparently not. I hate having to have captcha or whatever they are doing now to leave comments but if this keeps up, I might have to. I haven't had it on for years and I will get the occasional one but this every day, same message is a little ridiculous. Get your shit together, blogger.

On to today's post. I went to Sportlots at one point last month and picked up a few players that I was close to milestone spots on my counts for the player. This player would be one of them but it's not just 3 cards, these probably aren't rare but they certainly don't get seen that often, at least by me so I was happy to pick them up.


Ok, 2 out of 3 I wasn't familiar with. I know the Sports Illustrated one at the bottom. I do love the cover series in that set. I think they should make a set with all the SI covers (at least baseball), that would be cool. Baseball Digest as well, lots of memories with those back in the day. The one of the left is marked on TCDB as a 1990 Interpretive Marketing Baseball Wit. Definitely never heard of those. The one on the right is a Topps Nestle Dream Team. Those are some cool and unusual cards. I picked up the oddballs for $.18/each and the Fleer SI card for $.50.

Oh yeah, that milestone I reached with these 3 cards was 100 cards in the Aparicio Collection.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the century mark for Aparicios! Magazine cover cards always do look great and I'd be down for a set too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one heck of a photo on the SI card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. SPAM is running wild on a lot of blogs right now. C'mon Blogger. Fix this issue.

    B. That SI card is awesome! I kinda want to find that issue for my collection... but starting to chase down magazines and store them is a slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.