Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Almost a complete set

If you remember a few months ago, I though I completed my 1985 Topps set. Then a week or 2 later, I got to that part of my collection to add them on TCDB and ended up missing 40 cards, all between card number 400 to 500. So I spent a little time on Sportlots and picked some of those missing cards up.


I'm still apparently learning my scanner. I picked up these 35 cards from Cardbarrel. All of them were $.22 or $.23 each.


I picked up these 4 from Sportlots. I paid a quarter for the Orel, I remember when that was a hot rookie (so was the Pettis for that matter) and I paid $.18 each for the other 3.

Now if you can add, that is 39 cards. I needed 40. No worries though, I have already purchased the final card I needed for the set. It just didn't make it to my Sportlots box before my last shipment so I assume I'll get that at the end of the month when I ship again.

4 comments:

  1. Always nice to see the Pettis, not Gary card in a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude won 5 Gold Gloves and stole 354 bases. Kind of sad that his card is selling for 18 cents. Less sympathy for the Dodger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. I figured out what Fuji meant. So maybe that explains it, but I doubt it.

      Delete
  3. With rookies being a thing again, one would've thought that Orel might've seen his go up a little bit, but going by this post, this obviously hasn't been the case.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.