Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Blogosphere – I love baseball

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy blogging and reading all your blogs.  And yes, I read all 125+ blogs on my blogroll.  Not every day but I usually catch up on all and don’t miss any posts.  But I’ve also made some good friends and great trading partners.  I realize my blog is mostly about my cards where as some of yours go into the design and photography and such.  I do love those posts about cards in general, but I really just don’t get that into the cards with that much depth.  My love is baseball, then baseball cards.  I still get excited when I pull inserts of hall of famers, not because it’s an insert, but because of the player.  Although, I could go without any more Mickey Mantle’s or Jackie Robinson.  I still like getting their cards but do you really need that many different cards of retired players.  When I used to collect, I collected a huge variety of players.  I had probably 20 albums just of players I collected. I had literally hundreds of cards of each of the 50+ players.  Now that I’m older and I can’t spend my “allowance” all on cards, it doesn’t make sense to collect that many cards.  But that doesn’t mean I don’t follow that many players.  I could probably go through the rosters of each team and their would be at least 3 or 4 on each team that I would collect if I had a limitless income.  I just love baseball.

I started a trade with my cousin for cards to trade to a couple of you out there.  So, all for the price of shipping, I’m going to get a bunch of great cards for my PC’s from you guys and gals.  I needed some relic and/or autos to get some relic/autos of Sox players from some of you and I thought that I was going to have to purchase some, but I remembered my cousin does card shows in Ashville, NC every month so I called him up and swung a trade for some of my Braves and Rays cards because those cards do well for him.toppsdg07

And I just completed a trade on the Diamond Giveaway site with another fellow blogger.  I had a 1959 Jim Owens (above) he wanted, but the only Sox card he had was a 1989 Mark Salas.  So he offered me a couple of 70’s cards along with it and I went ahead and accepted it, just because he was a fellow blogger (and Wolverine fan).  And after that trade I offered up the 2 cards he gave me, and within minutes, I got a 1974 Bill Melton to add to my White Sox PC.  So technically, A2wolverine of “No Relics Pulled” gave me 2 Sox cards, plus another one I hope to trade for other Sox cards.

1974-BB-TS1-170-NA_F_285x412

It is so great to trade with people who don’t care about price.  I give them cards for their PC and I get cards for my PC.  Nobody cares if someone comes up a few cards short of the other guys cards.  This blogging has brought my love for cards back, and believe me, it’s been itching to get back.  I spend most evenings looking at your cards or going through mine.  I love baseball, and I love baseball cards.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, I'm so glad that I discovered the online card blogging community, and it's been really fun getting to know people who share my love of baseball and baseball cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.