Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Photo Cleansing #6

We’ll start this edition with a little humor from Derek Jeter.

 

sports05

I was big fan of these 2 back when they were coming up.  They used to be my big player collections until they started screwing it all up.  I don’t understand these athletes who throw away everything they have for something stupid, like drugs, or DUI’s or even dog fighting.  Although Mike Vick seems to have gotten his back, since Nike just re-signed him.  Although, they probably figure they’ll never get caught, and even if they do, they get minor penalties because they are famous.

sports03

Just a cool photo, especially with the ball still in it.

sports04

You like vintage photos?  Me too (in case you didn’t know).  Robin Yount played back when I used to watch baseball growing up.  Sorry, I’m not quite that old to have been around for the really good vintage.  But I have some pictures for you anyways, because that’s the kind of guy I am.

sports06

This is just a really cool shot.  The angle, the haze.  And Ted Williams on deck.

sports07

And you can’t go wrong with a Jackie Robinson stolen base attempt.

And to switch sports on you.  I’m already excited about this coming season for Michigan football.  Brady Hoke and company have done a tremendous job in the offseason with recruiting and such and I can’t wait to see what he can do on the field.

sports08

I’m not a big fan of all the Heisman hype, especially before a game is played.  Any Michigan fan knows what happened when Denard started facing good defense’s so the last thing I want is Heisman talk 2 months before the season even starts.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Denard as our QB and from what I hear out of camp, his focus won’t be running, which I like.  What I hated last season was all the overthrows on open receivers.  If he becomes deadly with his arm, imagine how much his legs could kill you.  I already know I’ve got tickets for the Nebraska game in November and I’m still waiting to hear about the 1st game of the season.  I went to the opener last year, against UCONN and the energy in the stadium was amazing.  It was also the dedication game for the new stadium.  And the whole Brock Mealer thing before the game was very emotional.  I’m pumped for this year, hell, it can’t get much worse.

And it wouldn’t be a photo cleansing with a Jordan pic.

sports02

Wait a minute, that’s not Jordan.  He wore #23 and #45 during his career.  Not #12.  Wrong, his jersey was stolen before a game and he had to borrow somebody else’s jersey for the game.  He ended up with 49 points so it’s not the jersey.  But the Bulls still lost in OT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.