Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Friday, August 9, 2019

4 Auto Friday

Once again, all my mail for the week came in one day. I've only had one day all week where I got cards in the mail and than today, I get hit with 6 envelopes today, with 9 cards but only 7 that are staying in my collections.


This is where one of those "extra" cards comes into play. I picked up this 1994 Triple Play for $.54/shipped. I checked the listing again and it was for 1 card even though he sent me a dupe of it. It is my 47th card of the Rock.


I picked up this duo collection card, it goes to the player and the vintage collection. I'm pretty familiar with the 1981 Donruss set and I don't remember ever seeing this card when I was a kid, I'm not sure I've seen it up until a year or so ago. I picked it up for only $.30/shipped and it's my 108th card of the lefty.


I picked up this Yastrzemski card and I was thinking it was my first series 2 card but than I remembered I picked up some Sox cards a few weeks ago. It is however, a player collection that I only added 1 card to last year but this is the 5th card this year. It is also my 59th card of Yaz.


Now to the autograph portion. I picked up this auto of Gavin Floyd for $1.59/shipped. It's a pretty nice card as most of the Masterpieces are. It is my 33rd card of Gavin and my 1st auto of his for the White Sox collection.


I picked this card up in a 2 card lot with a Nebraska player autograph which doesn't go to my collection and this Will Johnson auto is technically a dupe but I'll keep in anyways since it's an auto (unless Dennis needs it). I grabbed the lot of 2 cards for $2.69/shipped.


I also picked up this Adrian Arrington auto for $2.69/shipped. I thought I had a version of this one but I didn't. This is my 13th card and my 8th autograph of Arrington.


I also started a new player collection with this Zak Irvin autograph. I'm sure this collection won't take off as he probably doesn't have to many cards. I checked, he only has 13 cards and they are all from this set. I picked this one up for $1.35/shipped.

3 comments:

  1. where do you find these cards so cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that 81D Steve Carlton. That card along with the Best Hitters card of Carew and Brett always seemed a little out of place.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.