Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Random Players From My Collection

I had an idea about some random posts, since I have most (not all) of my cards of the Trading Card Database and they have a couple of random features I looked it up to see if the site would random players in my collections. It doesn't. However, it does tell me how many players I have so I can use another site to random the number that corresponds with the player. I have 1945 players and the random came up with 1787. I went to look for that, went back a couple of pages, and than realized that when multiple players have the same amount of cards, it has the same rank. Which explains why when I went back a couple of pages, the players still ranked at 1945. Damn! I thought that number seemed low.

Each page has 100 names on it though so I adjust, the pages x 100 players and add the 31 players on the last page and voila, I have 3131 players, now random that and I come up with 2971. So the 71st player on the 29th page. See, I can still do it. So here we go.

#2971 - Vic Mata (1 card)


No wonder I didn't recognize the name. I figured it must have been a Vintage Collection card. 


According to the TCDB, he only had 15 cards. According to my records, I bought this card from Baseball Card Exchange (card shop) for $.02 in August of 2018. It was $.02 because I bought a whole box of 80's cards, I don't remember the total price but after taking out dupes and figuring which ones I needed, it equaled out to $.02 each.

Since I only had 1 card, I'll make a new rule. I have to show at least 3 cards per random player post.

#3123 - Brian Snyder (1 card)


Apparently random likes the high numbers which means 1 card players. 


This is another name I didn't recognize. Again, if I don't recognize the name I just assume it's a vintage collection and again, I was right. This card was sent to me in a trade by 2x3 Heroes back in March of 2016.

Guess we'll go with another players since I'm only at 2 cards. I'm guessing the next player will have a ton of cards.

#448 - Andre Rienzo (9 cards)


Well it wasn't a ton, but it was more than 1 card. I know this player as they are a former White Sox player which is why I have more than 1.


It was pretty easy to pick a card to show since this was my only relic and auto. I purchased this 2014 Bowman Platinum card off of Ebay for $2.50/shipped back in June of 2017. TCDB shows a total of 289 cards so I have a long way to go but I'm sure not all of them are White Sox cards. I take that back, other than his last 4 cards, they are all White Sox or White Sox minor league affiliates.

That was fun, I'll have to do these post more often. Don't worry, I won't go through everything at the top on every post. 

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at how good records you keep for your collection. I can't keep up with cataloging just one player let alone several thousand.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.