Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Cards from A2

I did get a card yesterday but I got lazy and didn't post it. I'll post it on Monday. I'm currently watching Michigan blow their lead to lowely Illinois so I figured I'd start this post about the surprise envelope I got from Dennis that I've mentioned a few times.

I got 20 new cards to my collections, I don't remember how many that didn't go (dupes) but there wasn't many. I'll start with the aforementioned Michigan team collection.



I've probably gotten more of Michigan collection from Dennis than I've picked up on my own, which isn't surprising. These 4 (according to TCDB) make 365 cards in Michigan Uniforms. That's my 1st card of Riley, 6th of Alexander and Woodley and 7th of Hall.

Since we're on team collection, we'll do the White Sox collections next.




I actually already had the Delmonico auto but as I've said before, I keep dupe autos. I thought I had the 2007 team set as well but apparently not because I needed that Dye. The Peavy and Sale from 2013 are both refractors, which means shiny and speaking of shiny, that Panini Sale is a lot prettier than that photo shows. That is my 12th card of Delmonico, the 42nd card of Peavy, the 79th card of Dye and my 150th of Sale.

That's it for team collections, let's get to the player collections, we have a couple in common so Dennis usually hooks me up with those as well as my others.




These 5 Ripken's make 460 cards of his. He is my highest player collection and has been pulling away from my 2nd highest (Konerko) because they keep putting out Ripken cards, plus Ripken was 80's and 90's when they pumped out a ton of cards.


We share this collection as well, which isn't surprising as he is a former Wolverine.  These 2 cards make 198 cards of Larkin, slowly closing in on the 200 card mark. I only have 4 players over the 200 card mark.


Another former Wolverine and mutual collection, I don't get to many Abbott cards anymore so I always like receiving them. That one on the left is so 80's, even though it's a 1990. These 2 make 105 cards.


Dennis also sent me this relic of Funchess, which I already have, but like the autos, I keep dupes in my collections. This makes 37 cards of his.


This was probably my favorite card of the package just because it's the 1st of the Devin Bush collection. I've been bidding on some of his cards but I always get outbid. As well as he is doing, I expect this collection to be pretty decent.


Last but not least, he sent me a Tier 1 player collection in this very shiny Seaver card. This is my 362nd card of his and after only getting 10 of his cards the last 2 years, this is my 15th this year.

As always, I greatly appreciate the cards Dennis sends because he does it knowing I'm a sucky trade partner. Check him out at Too Many Verlanders for some more great Wolverine cards, and some other team that he likes who were actually worse than my Sox this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.