Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Nice way to start October

So after getting 10 cards in the last 3 days with multiple PWE each day, I got 2 more envelopes today with 3 more cards (2 players). Let's just say it's been a good week in my mailbox.


I picked up this Sportflic of Mike Schmidt for $.54/shipped. It is my 131st card of the HOF 3rd baseman. This is a Decade Greats Sportflic, I don't remember ever buying any packs but the original base set of Sportflics so I'm not sure why they weren't for sell in my area but I never had any as a kid.


This is my 3rd (and the card underneath, my 4th) card that I've picked up from this set in the last couple of days. I actually won all 4 on the same day, 2 cards each from 2 different sellers. I picked this one up for $.27/shipped.


Did you notice that I didn't say how many Bench's I had in the last paragraph? Well, now you know why. I picked this one up for $.38/shipped and the 2 cards above put the Bench collection at 88 cards.

2 comments:

  1. A few years before 89 Upper Deck, 90 Leaf, and 91 Stadium Club... 1986 Sportflics was the first premium baseball card product I ever opened. I know most people don't consider it a premium product, but back in 1986 a pack of Topps included 15 cards for 35¢. Sportlfics were distributed in packs of 3 (w/2 trivia cards) for a suggested retail price of 65¢.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you say that, I do remember them only coming with a few cards. My kid self hated that.

      Delete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.