Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Completed Set

So this months post are all going to be my new collection (that I haven't announced yet) and vintage and then one White Sox post. So today's random came up with one of the vintage posts. It actually goes with a post from last month.


If you remember the post last month, I had said I was only 5 cards away from completing the 1985 Fleer set and that I had already purchased them. Well here they are. All are big names so it's no surprise they were last because I only buy the cheap. These weren't majorly expensive, just more than what I usually pay. I got the Rose for $.55, the Mattingly for $1, the Gwynn for $.98, the Brett for $.85 and the Ripken for $.75.

Normally the Ripken would show up in a player collection post but it is the only card I got this month that goes in a player collection so I let it go up with this post. Actually I probably would have showed it in both posts because this is the final 5 for the set so it was important here as well.

I do like the Fleer sets of the 80's, I think partly because they were harder to find around here growing up but you could find Topps everywhere so I didn't have as many.


I would show the page that shows the completed percentage but it still says I need 2 cards, but as you can see in the above pic, it shows I have no items left.

See, I don't know why it shows that.

This is the 2nd set I've completed this year, and for the last 20 years or so. I don't remember if I completed any sets as a kid or not to be honest. I had some sets but I think I may have just bought them outright. I don't remember collecting to complete sets. I may have the 1987 set, it was the last year I collected and I bought a ton of cards that year.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I took a look at your '85 Fleer haves and don't see 499 (Ken Phelps) and 500 (Jim Presley) marked as haves, but you do have them in your FS/FT, so if you change those I bet it'll come up as complete for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwynn with a green blob for some reason.

    Anyway, good job completing the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing that set. I really like the 1985 Fleer design with the gray and team colored borders. Not sure if I even opened up a single 1985 Fleer pack in my lifetime, but I definitely have a complete set and singles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this set too. They did a great job of making gray borders look good. Congratulations on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.