Welcome

This blog is about sports cards. I tend to only purchase cheap items so don't come hear expecting to see big money cards. My teams collections are Chicago White Sox and Michigan Wolverines. I also have a bunch of player collections.

Monday, August 17, 2020

Birth Year

I occasionally go to Sportlots to search for sets that I'm close to completing and grabbing some cards. I'm not as close as I like on this set but it was the first set I actively purchased cards for, before I was doing the whole Vintage collection, so I went and grabbed some. I found a lot more on the cheap than I thought I would.



18 of these 21 cards were only $.18/each. Obviously I didn't choose from the Mint cards but as you can see, most of those cards aren't bad at all. I'll certainly take them.

These 21 and the Mets team card you saw last week puts my birth year set at exactly 500 cards which is good for just over 75% complete. The majority of those are high numbers so I'm going to have to start dropping a little more money to start completing this set.

4 comments:

  1. Moose threw a no-hitter in 1969. Died in a car crash on his 29th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was the Vida 18¢? If so... I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my birth year too. You are old.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the word verification, but blogger sucks at filtering out the comments as of late. As bad as their last update is.